Welcome to my blog

Hello visitors. On my blog I'm talking about my books, but also about what I'm currently working on and, maybe, some other stuff. Browse through my posts and don't forget to check out my older posts in the archives. If you are interested in my books, please, visit my website Fictitious Tales for more information and a few excerpts. Also, take a look at my second blog Herbert Grosshans, where I talk about fun-stuff and things that concern me.

Friday, July 17, 2015

#My new novel Codename: Salamander

I finished my first scrutinizing (and agonizing) edit of Codename Salamander, looking for inconsistencies and other mistakes that creep in while writing a novel over the course of a few months. I also did the line-break check, you know the one with the little reversed 'P' symbol, and then I inserted the page-breaks. Boring job.

Next comes the Spell check, but I don't rely on that one too much. The program has plenty of glitches, finding mistakes that aren't there and suggesting changes that are completely wrong. I still rely on my own judgement. When in doubt, I check out my books on writing which I have in my library. Books written by authors and 'gurus' of the English language.

Once I did all that, then I'll read it again to see how the story flows, but still with an eye on mistakes. That is already the fun part. After that I will convert it to RTF format, because that's what my publisher (Melange Books LLC) wants. And then I'll submit it.

It won't be long now. What I'll write after that I don't know yet. Something will pop into my head.

No comments: