Welcome to my blog

Hello visitors. On my blog I'm talking about my books, but also about what I'm currently working on and, maybe, some other stuff. Browse through my posts and don't forget to check out my older posts in the archives. If you are interested in my books, please, visit my website Fictitious Tales for more information and a few excerpts. Also, take a look at my second blog Herbert Grosshans, where I talk about fun-stuff and things that concern me.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

A poem for Vanlentine's Day

I’m not really into poetry
because it does nothing for me
I find it to be a pain in the neck
to make words rhyme, but what the heck
Sometimes I am overcome
by the urge to write a little love po-em

Birthdays are a very good reason
to write a poem to the one I love
Easter and the Christmas season
I also use to flaunt my stuff

So please forgive me
‘cause it is time
to write a poem
for my Valentine

To my wife:

Valentine’s Day is for lovers
though not only for the young
and if you think you are too old
let me tell you that you’re wrong

Love knows neither bounds nor age
it doesn’t really care
if you’re a teenage girl or boy
with straight or curly hair

or if you’re bald and maybe old
a blond or a redhead like you
I love you just the way you are
I hope you love me too

So be my Valentine tonight
my Love and Sweetheart, too
there’s only one I want and love
and that, my dear wife, is YOU

No comments: