Welcome to my blog

Hello visitors. On my blog I'm talking about my books, but also about what I'm currently working on and, maybe, some other stuff. Browse through my posts and don't forget to check out my older posts in the archives. If you are interested in my books, please, visit my website Fictitious Tales for more information and a few excerpts. Also, take a look at my second blog Herbert Grosshans, where I talk about fun-stuff and things that concern me.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

#One step closer to the Finish

Today I wrote the last sentence in my novel 'Lews Canon'. It is not the final title. Now begins the job of editing and finding a fitting title.

The novel turned out to be 74,800 words long. I usually write longer novels, but I didn't want this one to be too long. Apparently, readers don't want long novels. So this amount of words seems just right.

I'm happy with how it turned out. When I start a new novel, I never know where it will lead me. It was the same with this one. But once I was about two-thirds into the story suddenly a foreseeable ending appeared and I knew where I was headed and I had a pretty good idea how it would end. Even though, while writing, new ideas popped into my head and they helped to round it out and to make it as it stands now.

I'm not going to rush with the editing. I'll take my time. Now I have to read it first to find inconsistencies and stuff like that. After that comes the search for spelling errors, awkward sentences, making sure all the names are spelled correctly every time they are mentioned.

Once I have a title comes the fun of finding and designing a nice cover.

I'm not sure yet if I will publish with Amazon or Smashwords. Neither of them have done much for me in the selling department of my last books. I'll have to look into how I will market the novel, also. I have a few ideas, but I don't want to spend much money. Money I may never recover.

No comments: