Welcome to my blog

Hello visitors. On my blog I'm talking about my books, but also about what I'm currently working on and, maybe, some other stuff. Browse through my posts and don't forget to check out my older posts in the archives. If you are interested in my books, please, visit my website Fictitious Tales for more information and a few excerpts. Also, take a look at my second blog Herbert Grosshans, where I talk about fun-stuff and things that concern me.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Rhodar, Clouds over Maridaan

I'm getting excited. A few days ago I sent back to my editor at Melange books the final accepted PDF version of Clouds over Maridaan. I've waited a year for it to be published. Of, course, in the meantime I read it again probably at least half-a-dozen times to get to the final step--the publishing.

I think all the errors have been eliminated. When I send in a manuscript I send it with a clear conscience that I have found all the spelling mistakes and the inconsistencies. Unfortunately, as I usually find out, that is not always so. The problems with reading something over and over, our minds just don't see the mistakes. They have a way to fill in the gaps and fool us into thinking everything is perfect. It proves it all the time that it is so important to have an editor who reads the manuscript with new eyes and a different perspective. But it is also important not to accept the edits blindly. Editors are human and also prone to make mistakes. Many mistakes sometimes happen during the editing process. Words that were meant to be eliminated and changed sometimes stay. I was surprised how many mistakes I still found at the final edit of the PDF. Nothing big, mind you, but even small errors can be annoying to the reader.

Anyway, it is done and now I have to be patient for the book to be published.

Here is a peek at the cover:




No comments: