Welcome to my blog

Hello visitors. On my blog I'm talking about my books, but also about what I'm currently working on and, maybe, some other stuff. Browse through my posts and don't forget to check out my older posts in the archives. If you are interested in my books, please, visit my website Fictitious Tales for more information and a few excerpts. Also, take a look at my second blog Herbert Grosshans, where I talk about fun-stuff and things that concern me.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sales of my book

Well, the figures are in and I am very proud and excited. My book is Number One Best Seller for Midnight Showcase at Fictionwise. They sold 41 copies the first week. I haven't seen any reviews yet and I'm anxious to read what people think. Anyone reading this and I assume you run and buy a copy of my book 'The Xandra, Book One, Daughter of the Dark'. Details at http://midnightshowcase.com/ and then let me know as a comment or you can even send me an email at hegro@shaw.ca

I just finished a short story for Midnight Showcase, as yet untitled. I'm racking my brains to find a catchy title. I find it harder than writing the whole story. This story doesn't contain any explicit sexual details, but it is a romantic story, set in the future and it takes place on the fifth planet of the Xandra world. It it not part of the Xandra trilogy, but it tells a little bit of what happened on the fifth planet. For those of you who have read my book or will read it, you will see the connection. That is the wonderful thing about writing. Once you've created a world, it can be used again as background to a story. I'm hoping to have this story published in one of the Midnight Showcase digests. Mae Powers put out the challenge to write a romantic story without the xxx-stuff.

No comments: