Welcome to my blog

Hello visitors. On my blog I'm talking about my books, but also about what I'm currently working on and, maybe, some other stuff. Browse through my posts and don't forget to check out my older posts in the archives. If you are interested in my books, please, visit my website Fictitious Tales for more information and a few excerpts. Also, take a look at my second blog Herbert Grosshans, where I talk about fun-stuff and things that concern me.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Seeds of Chaos news

I'm sad to report that my book has slipped from number two position at fictionwise to number six. Disappointing, but on a more positive note, my Xandra series is gaining sales again. As long as the books are selling, that means more readers are seeing them, which is encouraging. Possibly, when Book two, Hell's Gate come out in April, the interest in Book one will be kindled again.
Right now I'm working on a new novel, Tarnished Valor, a mainstream novel, something Ludlum would write. I'm up to 20,000 words right now and a long way still to go to the end. This is a new experiment for me, no sex, maybe a bit of erotica, but very mild, nothing explicit. So far, the writing went well, but I seem to have hit a bit of a block. If I finish it the way I had planned, it would be too short, so now I'm waiting for some inspiration. I need a twist to make it more interesting. We'll see. If I get stuck then I'll just work on something else, let it brew for a while until a new idea begins to form in my mind. I have plenty of other stuff I need to get into print.
It's cold outside, minus 30 Celsius, and colder even in the windshield. I'm not going out there, since I'm also fighting a cold, so I spend more time on my computer, writing. That's just fine with me. We just came home from the Dominican Republic, where the tempature was 30 plus. What a difference, this makes it twice as hard to take, but we're Manitobans. We're tough and used to this weather. Better then tornados anytime.

No comments: