Welcome to my blog

Hello visitors. On my blog I'm talking about my books, but also about what I'm currently working on and, maybe, some other stuff. Browse through my posts and don't forget to check out my older posts in the archives. If you are interested in my books, please, visit my website Fictitious Tales for more information and a few excerpts. Also, take a look at my second blog Herbert Grosshans, where I talk about fun-stuff and things that concern me.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

New beginnings

This is post number 100 on my blog. A new year and a new beginning.
I finished doing the last edit on ‘Stardogs Two’ and sent it back to Midnight Showcase. Now I’m waiting for the cover.
I’ve also crossed the 100,000 word barrier with my novel ‘Tarnished Valor’. Today. I’ve written 100,209 words so far. Feels good. I seem to be back in the flow.
Yesterday we watched the movie 3:10 to Yuma, starring Russel Crowe. We really enjoyed it. Finally a good cowboy movie again. ‘Comanche Moon’ is starting tonight, a prequel to ‘Lonesome Dove’. Looks great. And ‘The Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles’ is also playing on the Fox network. We’ll be watching that one also. I’m getting a little tired of all the cop movies and reality shows.
And the comedy shows? We loved ‘Back to you’, ‘Two and a half men’, ‘Rules of Engagement”, and, surprisingly, ‘The Big Bang’. Those nerds are quite funny. But since the Writer's strike they've been put on hold. One show we don’t care for at all is ‘My wife and Kids’. The acting is so overdone, it hurts to watch it. That type of acting was funny when Jerry Lewis was young, but not anymore. Most of the other comedies are a little stupid, but that is just our opinion. You can’t argue over taste, be it food, books and other entertainment, like movies and shows.
I miss Startrek and its spin-offs. Will there ever be a series as good as that one again?
Too bad with the writer's strike. Many of the other shows we’ve been watching have also been halted: The Unit, Cane, Heroes, Bionic Woman.
Maybe they’ll be back soon. Jericho is supposed to come back. I loved that one.

No comments: