Welcome to my blog

Hello visitors. On my blog I'm talking about my books, but also about what I'm currently working on and, maybe, some other stuff. Browse through my posts and don't forget to check out my older posts in the archives. If you are interested in my books, please, visit my website Fictitious Tales for more information and a few excerpts. Also, take a look at my second blog Herbert Grosshans, where I talk about fun-stuff and things that concern me.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

Well, it's Christmas again. It seems this year just zoomed by. My two-book novel 'Stars in Chains' was accepted by MSFicion, so far I don't know when it will be published. I checked Fictionwise last night and discovered that 'Orion, Symbiont of Passion' has reached number 6 position in sales. I didn't even know it was already available at Fictionwise. It is exciting in a way, but the sales amount to so little money it is hardly worth it. So anyone wanting to buy it, please go to the MSFiction site. At least from those sales I profit a little. Fortunately, I don't depend on that income, otherwise I'd be standing in the 'Soupkitchen-line'.
On some other news. I passed another milestone. I'm at 102,000 words with my novel Epsilon. I hope to finish it early in the new year.
I'm looking forward to working again on my other novel, as yet no title, except for 'Book Four in the Xandra series'. As I mentioned before, so far I've written about 20,000 words; just the beginning.
I hope everyone reading this has a Merry Christmas and spends it with family and people they love. I know it is a Christian celebration, but the message it carries applies to everyone. Peace on Earth and Good Will to Man. Wouldn't it be nice if instead of all the hate that exists on our planet we could all get along, no matter what we believe, no matter the name of the god we pray to?
Unfortunately, Christmas has been so commercialized that its real meaning seems to have been forgotten. Perhaps we can all take a few moments tonight and tomorrow to reflect on what Christmas is really about. To reach out and embrace each other, to see the other person as just another human being and forget about religion, skin color, honor, patriotism, duty, greed, and all those other things that create the problems we are facing every day.
Merry Christmas.

No comments: