Welcome to my blog

Hello visitors. On my blog I'm talking about my books, but also about what I'm currently working on and, maybe, some other stuff. Browse through my posts and don't forget to check out my older posts in the archives. If you are interested in my books, please, visit my website Fictitious Tales for more information and a few excerpts. Also, take a look at my second blog Herbert Grosshans, where I talk about fun-stuff and things that concern me.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Boston beats Vancouver

Okay, so the Canucks lost. Too bad, but that is life. We don't always get what we want or wish for. It would have been nice. Maybe next time.
But what I can't understand are those idiots who can't take losing. They surly are sore losers. Why would any normal person set fire to cars, buildings, smash windows, or just go crazy because his or her team lost a game. It is only a game. The world is not coming to an end.
I watched it on TV as some of these morons jumped on cars; one guy used his feet to do damage to the car, others were fighting. What kind of people are they? I can never understand how anyone can lose his (her) temper and get so violent, lose total control over their ability to think straight. Are they possessed by some evil entity or are they just plain crazy? I would throw these idiots into jail and let them rot there for a while. Give them water to drink and dry bread to eat. And no TV, no books. Just let them think about their stupidity and lack of body and mental control. And, of course, make them pay for the damages.
Those are the people who give sports-fans a bad name. One only has to think about those troublemakers from England who go from one soccer-game to another and steer up trouble. They have been banned from going to these games. People like that are not fans, they are actually criminals and need to be put in jail, because they do endanger other people's lives.
All I can say: It's only a game. There has to be a winner and a loser. Enjoy the game and don't worry who wins. After all, not everything is about winning, it is about enjoyment of the moment.

No comments: