Welcome to my blog

Hello visitors. On my blog I'm talking about my books, but also about what I'm currently working on and, maybe, some other stuff. Browse through my posts and don't forget to check out my older posts in the archives. If you are interested in my books, please, visit my website Fictitious Tales for more information and a few excerpts. Also, take a look at my second blog Herbert Grosshans, where I talk about fun-stuff and things that concern me.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas

It's Christmas again. A time for love and good cheer. A time to spend with family and friends and to remember the ones who are no longer with us. A time to receive and give presents. It doesn't matter if we are religious, it doesn't matter if we believe the reason we celebrate Christmas, the birth of Jesus Christ 2000 years ago. As long as we believe that there is still love and good will in humanity, and not only the hatred we see every day on television, or read about in the newspapers, the reports about people strapping bombs around their bodies and blowing themselves up, murdering innocent people in their misguided fanatical believe. One doesn't even have to watch the images of those incidents in the Middle East. We have plenty of crimes being committed in our own cities. In Winnipeg every night somebody gets either shot or stabbed. So it is good to forget about those things for a few days and enjoy a peaceful Christmas. Maybe some day it will be like that every day. One can hope.

No comments: