Welcome to my blog

Hello visitors. On my blog I'm talking about my books, but also about what I'm currently working on and, maybe, some other stuff. Browse through my posts and don't forget to check out my older posts in the archives. If you are interested in my books, please, visit my website Fictitious Tales for more information and a few excerpts. Also, take a look at my second blog Herbert Grosshans, where I talk about fun-stuff and things that concern me.

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

My next release

I just finished the final edit on my upcoming novel 'Mark of the Cobra', to be released in January 2012. (I can't believe another year is coming to an end!). Surprisingly, even after having it edited by my editor (she does a nice job and catches many errors), I still found a few errors. I also re-wrote the odd sentence when I thought it didn't read right. Hopefully, I finally have a clean manuscript. I sent the 'final-edited' version back to Melange Books yesterday. I still don't have a cover for it, but apparently the art's department at Melange Books is busy right now designing one. I am anxious to see what they come up with. Mark of the Cobra was supposed to be published a few years ago by Midnight Showcase. My editor at that time didn't like it. She didn't think the novel was up to my usual standards. She thought the main character was not a likable person. He was a 'wife-cheating bastard' as she put it. I agreed and pulled it. I still liked the story and after contemplating for a while, I changed a few things. Now, the main character is not married, which means he is not a wife-cheating bastard. The novel contains more explicit erotica than I usually have in my novels. I realized this after re-reading it again, but that's how it is now and I hope my readers don't mind. Everything I write these days does have little or no erotica in it. To be honest, I am actually getting somewhat bored with writing erotica. Either because I've written enough of it of maybe it's just because I'm getting older. Probably both. The last novel I submitted to Melange Books, 'Bullet of Revenge', has no explicit erotica. I still like to write about interactions of my male characters with beautiful women, but the sexual action stops at the bedroom door. It means I have to think a little harder to fill the pages with interesting writing. But even without the erotica the novel ended up to be 102,000 words plus long, which proves the erotica is not really necessary to write a long novel. I haven't made too much progress in the novel I'm busy with right now: Book Seven in the Xandra series. I'm still just below 10,000 words, but I have a skinny blueprint of the novel. Now with Christmas shopping and other stuff I just don't seem to find the time to write. Once this is all over I will concentrate again on my writing.

No comments: