Welcome to my blog

Hello visitors. On my blog I'm talking about my books, but also about what I'm currently working on and, maybe, some other stuff. Browse through my posts and don't forget to check out my older posts in the archives. If you are interested in my books, please, visit my website Fictitious Tales for more information and a few excerpts. Also, take a look at my second blog Herbert Grosshans, where I talk about fun-stuff and things that concern me.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Game of Thrones

I watched the second installment of 'Game of Thrones' yesterday. Wow! What a show. George R. R. Martin's fantasy book series 'A Song of Ice and Fire' made into a TV series. What an excitement it must be for a writer to see his/her novel come to life in a movie or TV series. The show has been renewed after 4.2 million viewers tuned in to watch it at its debut April 17. There are at least 20 one-hour shows. I can't wait to see them all. I am hooked.
We are also watching 'The Borgias', a series about the Pope and the Church. Great Show. Apparently, the show is also quite popular and has been renewed for a second season.
Watching these shows is a wonderful change from all of the cop-shows aired these days. Mind you, we like 'Blue Blood' and 'The Chicago Code', also 'NCIS: Los Angeles, 'The Mentalist'.
I've taped a few episodes of 'Camelot' but we haven't had a chance to watch them yet. Another King Arthur remake but it is supposed to be a good show. We'll see.
My wife and I we love those type of shows. We watched 'The Pillars of the Earth' and 'The Tudors' and we were sorry to see them come to an end. It is a good thing the movie makers are always coming up with some good new shows. Of course, let us not forget the writers who wrote these stories in the first place.

No comments: