Welcome to my blog

Hello visitors. On my blog I'm talking about my books, but also about what I'm currently working on and, maybe, some other stuff. Browse through my posts and don't forget to check out my older posts in the archives. If you are interested in my books, please, visit my website Fictitious Tales for more information and a few excerpts. Also, take a look at my second blog Herbert Grosshans, where I talk about fun-stuff and things that concern me.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bullet of Revenge

I just submitted my contemporary mystery/romance novel 'Bullet of Revenge' to Melange Books, LLC. The final version ended up being 102,775 words long. I edited it three times. It is amazing how many mistakes I still found the third time around. After the second edit I printed the story for the third edit. It proves again, how important it is to not rush submitting a story. Our brains are wonderful in the respect that they make us see things that are not there sometimes, like missing letters. For instance one of the company names in the story is 'Globe Labs'. Twice I forgot the e in Globe, and one time I spelled it 'Glove Labs'. Never caught that the first two edits. Hopefully, I found all the mistakes and I submitted a clean manuscript. Of course, before the story gets released, the editor will go through it, then send it back to me for another look.

Here is the blurb for ‘Bullet of Revenge’ by Herbert Grosshans

When PI Frank Hummer takes on a new case to help a woman in distress, he soon finds himself in a web of lies and deception. Ghosts from the past reach out toward him, demanding atonement for the things he committed a decade ago, things he tried hard to forget.

The story does not contain any explicit sex, but it still is an adult novel, because of erotic elements and sometimes coarse language. I hope my publisher likes it and then it will take at least a year before it gets published. Patience is important in the life of a writer.

In the meantime I still have 2 books released this month (Book 3 of Web of Conspiracy, and Book 2 of Lizard World). Next month it will be Book 3 of Lizard World. In January next year I'll have Mark of the Cobra, a contemporary novel. Following that Book 4, 5, and 6 of The Xandra. That's four books already. That will make waiting easier.
Maybe I'll even get Book 7 of The Xandra done to be published still in 2012. We'll see.

No comments: