Welcome to my blog

Hello visitors. On my blog I'm talking about my books, but also about what I'm currently working on and, maybe, some other stuff. Browse through my posts and don't forget to check out my older posts in the archives. If you are interested in my books, please, visit my website Fictitious Tales for more information and a few excerpts. Also, take a look at my second blog Herbert Grosshans, where I talk about fun-stuff and things that concern me.

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Good Morning and Happy New Year

Wow, already five days into the year 2010. Today is my dad's birthday; maybe I should say was my dad's birthday. Were he still alive he would be 108 years old. People do actually get that old. Most of us of course are programmed by nature to die much earlier. The main character in my novel Orion, Symbiont of Passion, is a mortal human, but his mind is immortal. An alien immortal. If you want to find out more read the novel.
When I checked FictionWise today I found that the novel has slipped from the number six position to number nine, but that is still okay.
Even though I've been writing a lot, I won't have anything new published for a while. My two-volume novel 'Stars in Chains' won't be coming out for some time. Too bad about that, because readers tend to forget about you unless something new gets published in certain intervals.
Right now I'm at 117,000 words with Epsilon. There are still so many ideas in my head that I can't seem to finish the novel, but I'll have to end it soon. Could the reason be that I like the world I created so much? Epsilon is an interesting planet, populated by dinosaurs, giant intelligent ant-like and bee-like beings. Alien intelligent spiders and reptilian races challenge the presences of Humans on Epsilon. I wasn't going to have any erotica in that novel, but I've changed my mind. Somehow Erotica managed to sneak in, but I kept it light. Sex, like religion, is part of living. How can you ignore it?

No comments: