Welcome to my blog

Hello visitors. On my blog I'm talking about my books, but also about what I'm currently working on and, maybe, some other stuff. Browse through my posts and don't forget to check out my older posts in the archives. If you are interested in my books, please, visit my website Fictitious Tales for more information and a few excerpts. Also, take a look at my second blog Herbert Grosshans, where I talk about fun-stuff and things that concern me.

Monday, May 09, 2011

Iceworld

Did the final edits on 'Iceworld', Book six in my Xandra series and fixed more mistakes. Amazing how your eyes can deceive you. I thought I caught everything the first time around. Anyway, it is done. The final word-count is 68,000. Just the right length for an ebook. I wrote the blurb and submitted the novel to Melange Books, my publisher.
I started writing Book seven in the series, but now I have to put it aside for awhile, because I suddenly had an idea for a contemporary mystery novel and it is stuck inside my head. The book wants to be written. I already wrote 5,000 words and I'm hooked. The story flows nicely and I've created a bunch of characters with backgrounds and so forth. I pretty much know where I'm going with the story so it is not a secret anymore for me. It doesn't always happen that way, but this is not an adventure/exploration story where I don't know myself what the characters will experience. The excitement of discovery is not there in this kind of story, but it is still fun to write and to develop the characters. I have the gist of the story but the details come to me as I write. Of course, one never knows what happens as the story develops. Sometimes the characters have other ideas and want to take a different road from the one I planned for them. Sounds crazy but that is the way it works.

No comments: