Welcome to my blog

Hello visitors. On my blog I'm talking about my books, but also about what I'm currently working on and, maybe, some other stuff. Browse through my posts and don't forget to check out my older posts in the archives. If you are interested in my books, please, visit my website Fictitious Tales for more information and a few excerpts. Also, take a look at my second blog Herbert Grosshans, where I talk about fun-stuff and things that concern me.

Sunday, May 01, 2011

Whatever happened to Spring?

What a surprise. Woke up this morning and this is what we saw through our window.



There is green grass underneath all that snow. All the snow was already gone and we had a dry yard. I was getting ready to start cleaning up the old, dry grass and rake everything. My lawn-tractor is ready to go and now this. We're actually having a winter advisory in this region. Part of the number One Highway is closed between Brandon and the Saskatchewan border. This does not help the flood situation. Already the flood forecast has been revised. Because of this snow and the precipitation we had yesterday there will be areas flooded that previously were not in danger.

No comments: