Welcome to my blog

Hello visitors. On my blog I'm talking about my books, but also about what I'm currently working on and, maybe, some other stuff. Browse through my posts and don't forget to check out my older posts in the archives. If you are interested in my books, please, visit my website Fictitious Tales for more information and a few excerpts. Also, take a look at my second blog Herbert Grosshans, where I talk about fun-stuff and things that concern me.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Where is Summer?

Last night we had minus 3 Celsius. Been covering up our flowers for the last three nights, but tonight the low temperature will be 7 plus. We saw our first hummingbird at the feeder today. We hung out the feeder last week. The North American Finches have been here for a while now. They probably are wondering where the warm weather is. The chokecherry tree is is full bloom as is the crab-apple tree. Maybe next week it will be warm enough so I can plant my tomatoes, peppers, and seed my garden. The summer and the growing season are so short. There isn't much time for things to grow. But we shouldn't complain. So many parts of Manitoba are under water, people have lost their houses and cottages. And all the tornadoes in the US. Terrible. So much property destroyed and so many people killed. One wonders what is going on. Mother Nature is a strong force and we are nothing but puppets and toys when she unleashes her powers and lets them run rampant.

No comments: