Welcome to my blog

Hello visitors. On my blog I'm talking about my books, but also about what I'm currently working on and, maybe, some other stuff. Browse through my posts and don't forget to check out my older posts in the archives. If you are interested in my books, please, visit my website Fictitious Tales for more information and a few excerpts. Also, take a look at my second blog Herbert Grosshans, where I talk about fun-stuff and things that concern me.

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Osama Bin Laden is Dead

Wow! So much has happened this weekend. Our Conservative Government under Harper won a majority, the Liberals are way down, the NDP under Jack Layton are the official opposition, the Bloc are pretty well dead with 3 seat, and the Green Party has one seat. Finally, the government can get back to what its function really is…to govern the country, pass laws to protect its citizens, instead of bickering and arguing and wasting taxpayers’ money and getting nothing done. At least now we should have peace until 2015 and we won’t waste more money on another election in the Fall.
The other big news, of course, is the death of the infamous Osama Bin Laden.
He finally got what he deserved on May 1st, 2011. An important day in the history of this planet. Shot in the chest and head by a team of navy seals who stormed his compound in Pakistan during the night. It took ten years, ten years in which he instigated many terror attacks on innocent people in the free world, but in the end he was brought to justice.
As Jesus said to his disciple Peter: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. There is even a song out there ‘If you live by the sword you die by the sword’ by Jamestown Story. This is so fitting.
Bin Laden got a burial at sea. He’ll make a welcome meal for the sharks. They didn’t want to create a shrine by burying him somewhere in a grave with a marker on it.
Apparently, Pakistan helped with the operation. I just wonder why nobody in the Pakistani Intelligence Service knew that Bin Laden was hiding out in that million Dollar mansion. It was a fortress with 18 foot walls. Wouldn’t anyone question what is behind those walls? He must have been there for quite some time.
They found out about his hideout through his courier. Obviously, we will never know the details, because there will be some bleeding hearts who will question the way the information was discovered. It really doesn’t matter. The man is dead and finally some of the people who lost a loved-one in that attack on September 11 ten years ago will have closure and the satisfaction that the man who orchestrated that terrible incident was punished for his crime.
Of course, it would be foolish to assume that the age of terrorism is over. Osama Bin Laden will have a successor. I don’t remember his name. He’s a dentist. But then again, with the new position comes a target on the man’s back, or should I say: On his forehead?
I wonder if Osama Bin Laden got his 72 Virgins now that he has passed into whatever place he thought he was going. Is he busy having sex right now? Or do the terrorists only get the 72 Virgins when they commit suicide? Just wondering. It still is beyond me that there are men so stupid to actually commit suicide so they can have sex in the afterlife.

No comments: